After roughly two years of researching the UFO phenomenon, I am prepared to make the following assertions with a high degree of confidence:
1) Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) are real. Thousands of individuals all around the world have observed unidentifiable objects in the sky dating back for at least a hundred years. There have been numerous well-documented cases throughout recent history. Some of the best cases are listed here.
2) A portion of these sightings cannot be easily explained. Although many of the reported sightings have been later proven to be caused by natural or man-made phenomena, some percentage display abnormal characteristics and are still left unexplained after a detailed review of potential causes. This unexplainable portion of sightings makes up anywhere from 5-20% of total reported sightings, depending on the report.
3) Governments around the world have taken an active interest in UFO reports, although that interest has been somewhat downplayed. For the obvious reason of national security, the US government even sanctioned multiple investigations of the UFO phenomenon, including Project Bluebook which was conducted by the US Air Force from 1952-1970.
Suggested Reading: UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record
4) Some governments have recently released archives of UFO reports for public scrutiny, including the UK, Brazil, and Mexico. Unfortunately, the United States has only declassified a minimal amount of documents and has done so with little publicity. Many of the released documents are heavily redacted.
5) An alarming number of seemingly credible people are starting to speak up about first hand knowledge of UFO sightings and interactions. This includes respected officials from a variety of backgrounds including former military and intelligence officials, pilots, astronauts, air traffic controllers, police, firefighters, and even former presidents …
6) There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to support the above assertions. There are a ton of good UFO resources available online, including the archives of government agency Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, including from the NSA, CIA, and FBI.
Stay tuned, that is just the tip of the iceberg. In future posts, I will cover some more of the history of UFOs, some case studies, and some compelling witness testimony.